Wednesday, April 23, 2008

1st Haircut

Kaylen, before the haircut
Kaylen has been wanting to get her haircut. Last week I cut the boys' hair. She pulled a chair over and sat down so I could cut her hair. I don't know how to do girls' hair and I only pretend to know how to cut boys' hair, so I didn't even attempt to cut her hair. All of Lindsey's friends have been getting their hair cut, so Lindsey has been wanting hers cut too. When Kaylen heard that Lindsey was getting her hair cut, she kept asking about getting hers cut too. When I made the appointment for Lindsey's hair I also made one for Kaylen.

When it was time to go, Kaylen was super-excited. (I was running late, so I forgot to even bring shoes for her.) Eric asked Kaylen if he could cut her hair. She replied, "No. Haircutting place." We drove to a girl's house in my mom's ward for the haircuts. Kaylen got to sit on a pan to make her taller. Not much got cut off Kaylen' hair, just about an inch to trim it up. Kaylen held so still during it all.

Lindsey also got her hair cut - about 3 inches off the bottom. She also got bangs to push to the side.



Kaylen, after the haircut

No comments: