One of the things I could have said was that I know Heavenly Father is mindful and aware of our individual circumstances. When he feels like we need help, he gives it to us. I really feel that Heavenly Father was aware of how my grandma's death would affect me and sent baby Colton to me 2 weeks early to help me get through it.
On Monday we went hiking as a family. Halfway through the hike, Lindsey, Logan, and Kaylen didn't want to continue. I hiked back down the mountain with them (and Colton). I fed Colton in the car. Halfway through feeding him, a man drove into the parking area and parked. (We were the only ones in the remote area.) At first I told the kids to stay close to the car while I finished feeding Colton. Sometime I decided that they needed to get in the car. I locked the car and rolled up the windows most of the way. During this time, the man and his dog walked around the area. There were two trailheads near us. He started out on one of them then came back after 5 minutes. He then did this with the other trail. He just wandered around the area, taking pictures of his dog and car, and hiking back up the road he came in on. I thought his behavior was a little strange and tried not to think of all the Criminal Minds episodes I have watched.
After about 45 minutes of this man being in the area, Eric came running down the mountain. As soon as Eric showed up, the man took off. I thought it was a little odd. But then, when Eric told me why he had been running down the mountain, I realized more than ever how aware Heavenly Father is of each of our individual circumstances. Eric had felt prompted (more than once) that he needed to run to me. Who knows, besides Heavenly Father, what could have happened. I am so incredibly grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who protected me and the kids. I am very grateful for a husband who lives righteously so the Spirit can be with him and listened to those promptings, possibly saving our lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and will help me when I need it.
No comments:
Post a Comment