Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Name and a Blessing

Fast Sunday = Baby Blessing Day
During Sacrament meeting today, Eric blessed Colton. Colton wore his white "monkey suit," complete with a bow tie and vest. He looked so handsome. (As I was walking down the hall at home I was talking to Colton and telling him that I was going to get his "monkey suit." The next thing I hear and see is Kaylen, skipping/galloping down the hallway chanting, "monkey suit, monkey suit...")
When Eric started to take Colton up to the front of the chapel, my tears started. Eric gave Colton his blessing. Colton lasted about halfway through before the his crying started. I guess he sensed how emotional I was and decided to support me. We were very fortunate to have all of my family be able to attend church and participate in the blessing. Those who participated include my dad, Jeremy, Mark, Eddie, Bishop Johnson, Bob Jones, and Tyler Brown.
My dad bore his testimony (as my tears continued). Eric bore his. I knew that I was an emotional mess, but I too (shocker!) bore my testimony. I got up there, and through tears, gave my simple testimony. When I got down, I realized that I forgot to share many things. One of the things was how grateful I am that I have a worthy husband who holds the priesthood and uses it to bless our family.
I feel like I have been incredibly blessed in my life. I have a hard-working husband who loves me and our children. I have a supportive family. We all have great health. The most important thing that I've realized through Colton's birth is how much Heavenly Father loves me, is aware of me, and how he blesses me and helps me in life. He knows exactly what I'm going through and when to help me. For that, I am very grateful.








No comments: