Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Salt Lake

Eric and I went to Salt Lake last week (from Wednesday - Saturday). His work's annual Awards Banquet was on Thursday night. Eric wanted to go skiing, so he took an early flight out to hit the slopes early. He went to a very nice, and exclusive ski resort. He enjoyed the day, with the snow falling while he skied.
I took a mid-morning flight to Salt Lake. I picked up the rental car, and drove to a day spa. On the way, I found a unique restaurant to eat at, although it was awkward eating at a sit-down restaurant alone. I then went to the spa and enjoyed 3.5 hours of pure bliss and relaxation. I got a facial, a massage, and a pedicure. In years past, I've been able to pamper myself, but this year I went all out, finding a day spa where I could lounge around in a robe (robe = pure relaxation) and get more than one treatment. Afterwards, while driving with the spa flip flops, I fought traffic and headed downtown where I joined up with Eric and some other people from the "Utah office" for dinner at The Roof in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building - very yummy (and tempting) buffet.
I couldn't believe how pretty the snow was. It must have just snowed the day before, because everything was a beautiful fairy-tale white. I loved it!

Thursday morning Eric had meetings, so I went to the Bountiful temple and enjoyed doing a session there. That temple is probably the prettiest temple I've been in. I actually cried when I was inside because it was so beautiful.

I joined up with Eric and the whole "Utah office" for lunch. Once again, the food was very good - I know I can look forward to good food when we go to Utah for Eric's work meetings.

In the afternoon, I dragged Eric to the Draper Temple open house. This was my third temple open house (I've been to San Diego and Snowflake). It is a very pretty temple. It makes me very excited for the temples that have been announced in my area to be built. I can't wait to take the kids to the new temples while they're being built and to the open houses.

Thursday night was the awards banquet. We sat at a table with the #3 agent in the country, the Utah office president, Penn Mutual's CEO, and another Penn Mutual top guy. It was very nice company. I've sat with them all before, so it wasn't to nerve-wracking. Eric earned 3 awards - one for MDRT (million dollar roundtable), one for making the leader's conference (in the sizzling Las Vegas desert - woo hoo!), and one for qualifying for the Excalibur Sword - a very big deal. We will soon have a 4-foot sword encased in a shadow box to hang on the wall (I think it will go to Eric's office).
Friday Eric had appointments, so I pulled a lazy day. I got room service for breakfast. I lounged around in bed and watched tv. I read. I scrapbooked. Eric was still gone at lunch time, so I ordered room service again. It was a very relaxing day, wearing my robe for some of the time. That night, Eric and I went to the Jazz basketball game. We were given completely awesome tickets - 3rd row, center court. I'm not much of a sports person, but those seats made me a sports person for that night.
Saturday morning we ate breakfast and headed for the airport. I came home to happy kids and a clean house - I definitely found a great babysitter!
The trip sounds long, but we (mostly Eric) had things planned, so I feel bad that we didn't get to visit friends and family who live in the area.

1 comment:

Tami said...

What a great weekend! I would love to go to the Draper Temple Open House. One day, I'll go and do a session there. I'm glad that you were able to pamper yourself.