Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Return to Exercise

When my {mild} morning sickness started, I used that as an excuse to not exercise. I wouldn't start feeling "good" until late in the morning, so I excused myself from exercising. I decided that enough was enough. I'm feeling good and there's no reason I shouldn't exercise. I also needed to have that time to myself. I went to my pilates class yesterday (it's been 3 months since I've been). I felt like the new one in class. I could still keep up, but it was hard. (In November, when I stopped going, I was doing good. I wasn't shaking - I hadn't for quite a while. I could do all the moves, and most of the advanced moves. I rarely got sore the days afterwards). Yesterday I shook and couldn't hold the pose as long as the teacher. Today my abs are sore; it's a great sore, though. It's crazy how quickly my abilities had changed. Hopefully I can continue going, although once my baby bump gets too big, I'm sure the exercises will be modified into a lot of standing pilates (which I'm not quite sure I'll like).

I also went walking with Eric. I used to be the one in the lead, with Eric lagging behind. Well, this time he was in the lead. He also asked me why I wasn't too talkative. I replied that I was just trying to catch my breath, to which he found comical. I hope to continue to walk with him and become the leader, laughing at him in my dust.

No comments: