While driving home from California, we listened to songs on the ipod. Some of them were Eric's songs that I really didn't care for, some were songs that I began to like during the time Eric and I dated, and some reminded me of high school. I thought I would list some of the CDs that I owned in high school, since owning CDs was pretty new for me. It's interesting the variety of music and the influence of where the music came from. Listed below are some of the CDs I had as a teenager.
- Billy Dean
- Bette Midler
- 8 Seconds soundtrack (my best friend and I saw this movie many times - loved it!)
- Celine Dion (2 cds!)
- Beatles
- REM (2 cds!)
- Joshua Kadison
- Reba (she was my all-time favorite singer throughout high school)
- Bryan Adams
- Phantom of the Opera (saw this with my best friend)
- Gin Blossoms
- Scorpions
- Pink Floyd
- UB40 (I later quoted one of the songs in a college report)
- Enya (2 cds!) (my best friend and I would listen to Enya back and forth from our weekend job at the carwash)
- Michael McLean
- Greater Than Us All
- Cranberries
There were some individual songs that I liked, but never broke down and bought the CD. They are listed below. They're kind of quirky songs, but I could still sing the words to them.
- Loser by Beck
- Return to Innocence by Enigma
- What's Up by Four Non-Blondes
- Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
- Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm by Crash Test Dummies
I met Eric right after I graduated from high school (smack dab in the 90s). Eric loved music and had a huge CD collection. Some groups I never have fully appreciated (some heavy metal bands), but others I have grown to love (Rush) and tolerate. It's kind of funny because my favorite band is Bon Jovi and I never listened to them in high school, but after a concert with Eric, they became my favorite (resulting in a "Have a Nice Day" sticker on my car). As new songs came out when we were dating, they became mutual favorites. Those included the songs below.
- Dreaming of You by Selena
- Lump by Presidents of the United States of America
- Breakfast at Tiffany's by Deep Blue Something
- Misery by Soul Asylum
- all songs by Live
No comments:
Post a Comment