Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Universal Studios



Eric, once again, earned his work's annual trip. It was supposed to be in Cancun, but when swine flu broke out, the old guys at the company freaked out and changed the trip to Terranea, California. This was a huge disappointment, as I was really looking forward to ruins and a totally awesome hotel. We decided to take the three older kids with us. We left before the sun came up and hopped on a plane to LA. The kids were amazed by the yucky smog when we landed. I was floored by the traffic. When we go to California, we usually go straight to Disneyland, and never venture near LA. I remember the traffic was bad, but just like having a baby, I forgot how really bad it was. We eventually made it to Universal Studios just as they were opening. I had been there as a kid, but a lot had changed since then. I remember liking the ET and Back to the Future rides, but those were no longer there. We purchased "front of the line" passes which allowed us to go straight to the front of the lines for the rides, and also reserved seating for shows. A bonus was that we got to meet the actors that were in the shows. Here are some of the "mosts" of the trip:

The most Halloween-like: Spencer with a costume from the Waterworld show


(The scantily-clad lady is from Grey's Anatomy.)


The most adventurous: The Terminator 3-D show cast

(The guy with the black jacket is from the A-Team. The lady with the red jacket is from Big Time Rush. The green bandana guy is from Glee.)



The fastest: Logan with a car from The Fast and the Furious


The wettest: The Waterworld stunt show. The flying airplane (in the back left of the picture) was awesome.

(Notice the cute guy's arm around me! He's from CSI:NY.)


The fakest: Lindsey with a prop-gun


The funniest: The kids were standing by non-movingShrek, which Logan thought was a statue. All of a sudden, Shrek jumped and scared the crap out of Logan. Logan cried and would not have anything to do with Shrek. I think this will be the incident that comes to mind when I remember our Universal Studios experience (well, that and maybe the Waterworld guy).



The saddest: Eric coerced Logan to go on the Mummy ride. He hated it and cried through the whole ride.


The most relaxing: the backlot tour. We got to sit back and relax as we drove around the studio. The kids may have been a little anxious during the earthquake or the flashflood, but overall it was relaxing.


The creepiest: Norman Bates who put his mother in the car's trunk and then ran after the tram with a knife.


The spazziest: Lindsey's funny poses.

No comments: