Sunday, May 23, 2010

HB Lindsey the Teenager

Lindsey is an official teenager. We celebrated Lindsey's 13th birthday. It fell on a Sunday, so we went out to dinner on Saturday. Also, on Saturday, she went to a friend's house so that allowed me to display her birthday present - I decorated her room. Her room is the only one in the house that is decorated. She wanted a zebra room, but I opted for one I knew she'd like - a Paris-inspired room. Before we moved in, she chose a bright pink, almost neon pink paint color for her walls. It turned out pretty bright, but fortunately we were able to put up wainscotting to minimize the brightness. It was fun decorating her room, as was seeing her reaction.
On Sunday, Lindsey chose the meals that she wanted. I misheard her, I guess, and fixed breakfast burritos. (She wanted breakfast sandwiches.) For dinner, she wanted corned beef. Her sweet dad gave her a plate of corned beef fat with a candle on top. It was a fun day to celebrate with her.








13 Things I Love About Lindsey
  • she is creative and always coming up with things to make. Her latest creation are hair bows/flowers.
  • she likes to bake and like to try new recipes. Her favorite recipe now is black bean salsa from Amy.
  • she looks so cute when she gets ready for church with her hair done and her accessories.
  • she is good to play with the cousins and keep them entertained, especially with giving them makeovers.
  • she is helpful to Kaylen with cleaning her bedroom.
  • she likes to read. She is reading Charly by Jack Weyland now.
  • she makes me laugh, especially when we talk about "exercise."
  • she tries new things. I like how she was adventurous and tried pilates at young women's conference.
  • she can work on things independently, like Personal Progress.
  • she now writes her own sacrament meeting talks and does well when speaking them.
  • she is a good pianist. I like how she's learned Jon Schmidt's "Waterfall" song.
  • she is cute with painting her toenails, adding stripes and plaids.
  • she is a good swimmer and helps Kaylen and Colton in the pool.






No comments: