Monday, December 15, 2008

Random Thoughts / Happenings

This has been the busiest month (besides crazy yearbook season) in quite a long time. It seems like I haven't done anything huge or terribly exciting, just little things that are consuming my days. Below is a list of some of the things that have kept me on my toes.

1. Kaylen's various classes - dance, kindermusik. I've skipped the library and family fun van for a few weeks.
2. Purple has visited. It has been fun to take time out to go out to eat each night.
3. Christmas baking. I vowed I wouldn't make 6 batches of Buckeyes, so I made other stuff - pumpkin bread, peanut butter fudge, carmels, candy cane cookies, and 2 batches of buckeyes. Next year I would love to do only cards. We'll see if Eric goes for that.
4. Christmas shopping. Almost done. I've still got to figure out my parents, grandmas, and nieces and nephews.
5. Present wrapping. I actually enjoy it, maybe it's a form of therapy for me. I get to watch something I've DVRd while I chill and wrap. Maybe I'll finally catch up on Grey's Anatomy.
6. Scrapbook class. I partially completed a recipe book. I think I'll adapt it slightly and change it to a book with pictures of us cooking (when I get the time).
7. Family photos. I'm still waiting to get them back, but I'm excited to get them.
8. Christmas cards. I've been making the cards, but I've still got a long ways to go.
9. Tyler's Eagle Project. I've been able to not be as involved as I was the first weekend, but it's still hard to stay inside and ignore everything, so I will usually go and sit outside for 5 minutes (or until I get too cold) and then return to help clean up.
10. Today I spent some time driving around my neighborhood looking for Eric's bike. Some stupid person came and took it out of our backyard on Monday night. Then they came back on Wednesday night and took another bike. The porch lights weren't on, so our camera didn't catch anything. I'm quite annoyed with evil (for lack of a better word) people.

This list doesn't seem like it would occupy so much of my time, but somehow time has flown by and I can't believe it's 10 days until Christmas!!!

No comments: