Saturday, November 20, 2010

Party at the Park

My dad's birthday was earlier in the week. To celebrate it, we (my parents, my siblings, their spouses, and all the cousins) met at a park. We kept it simple and had pizza, salad, and cupcakes. The kids had a great time playing with each other. My older sister brought her trikkes, and Shelly and I had a fun time trying to get the hang of riding them.
It was good to celebrate my dad's birthday. I feel really fortunate to have him for my dad. Growing up he did so much for each of us kids, without ever complaining. He would be the one to wake me up every morning for a-hour for school, and drive me there. He tried so hard to plan fun and memorable vacations for us each year. Memories of those trips are some of the memories that I cherish. After a long day's work, he would come home and fix dinner for us. He served willingly in his callings and set a great example of a righteous Priesthood holder. To sum it all up, I am so glad he's my dad! Happy Birthday Dad!







No comments: