So after being in the ward for three months, I finally got a call from one of the bishopric counselors. It had been really nice to have a break and get settled in, but at the same time I was wanting to have a calling so I could serve and get to know other people. Eric and I speculated over what the calling could be. I even had a dream about what calling it would be - young women's secretary. So I was surprised when Brother K asked me to be an activity days leader over the 10-year-olds. I was excited about it because I thought that this is something I can handle and won't push me too much out of my comfort zone.
Shortly after I was called, there was a stake activity for the girls. The stake did a fantastic job, so much so that I had to take some pictures and wanted to share it with the parents. I started a blog. You can read about our adventures here. It was a little weird showing up at the activity and not knowing who "my" girls were.
I do have a partner who helps me. We rotate months. It was my turn the first month. We had 11 girls. That's a lot of girls! In our old ward, this would have been the entire group, so I was quite surprised that this was just the 10-year olds. The girls definitely have me stumped so far. They are good girls, but they also have vibrant personalities, and all want to share them with everybody. I think my biggest obstacle will be trying to teach them (a lesson) and have them listen to me. We'll see how it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment