Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Summer Haircut

So it was early afternoon and I needed to run to the store, without children. Kaylen desperately wanted to go, so I bribed her. (She'd been wanting her hair cut for a few months and I just didn't want to chop off all her hair, so I told her no and made her wait.) Well, to get her to stay home, I told her that I'd cut her hair when I got back. She jumped at that idea, and off to the store I went. I came home, with Kaylen eagerly waiting for her haircut and not wanting me to put the groceries away.
She wanted it cut "this short," she said, while holding her hand above her ear. I decided I'd cut it short, just not that short. I started cutting away. Mind you, I have no training cutting hair. I've guessed at the boys' haircuts, and have trimmed one of the girl's hair before. I copied what I've seen my hairdresser do when she cuts my hair. It turned out not too bad. I did, however, a week later, go back and re-trim the hair where it was just a little off and I hadn't gotten it all cut even. Kaylen loved that haircut. I did too, even though it made her look older. (I cut 6 inches off!)







No comments: