For the last 3 years (maybe 4), the kids' elementary school has done a carnival as a fundraiser/neighborhood activity. The PTO has been responsible for it, so with Eric being on the PTO for the last 8 years, he has always been involved. His job has been the inflatables and entertainment stage. Eric will go to the school at least 3 hours early to meet the inflatable company and give directions for set-up. Then, Eric will monitor all the inflatables and the volunteers he has gotten to run them. It's quite an involved night for him, so I take the kids around for a couple of hours, and then head home.
This year, Lindsey was old enough to help, so she helped with the giant slide for about an hour. The kids had fun just running around the school and eating any junk they could get. (There was actually nothing good for us to eat. It was all carnival food - pizza, nachos, cotton candy, snow cones, pop, popcorn, candy. The kids were in heaven.) I sat down with the younger ones at the entertainment stage where karaoke was going on. It was there that we saw how much Colton loves music. He sat there, just waving his arms to the beat of the music and bopping up and down. It was the cutest thing we saw. While there, we also got to hear some punk-kids curse away during their group turn at karaoke. Eric moved quite fast and kicked the kids off the stage to security where they were kicked off the school grounds.
The whole night was fairly fun. I liked the games and craft area where Kaylen and Logan got to play and create. I decided that I would miss the fun, cheeriness of the carnival, but definitely not miss the cursing neighborhood hoodlums.
No comments:
Post a Comment