Friday, December 11, 2009

An Attempt at Buckeyes


This year's Buckeye making was unsuccessful. We made 5-6 batches of Buckeyes, only to hand out 7 bags of them. A few years ago I began to really dislike the whole time-consuming process of making them, so I came up with the idea to do something different for "my people." This year I made hot fudge and gave that to my friends (along with some ice cream). I told Eric I'd do the same for his people, but he insisted on the Buckeyes, saying that everyone was looking forward to them. Spencer mixed the first batch. They were all rolled and dipped, only to find out that they tasted "off." In the garbage they went. Spencer made another batch (or two) and the same thing also happened. I'm not quite sure why they didn't taste so addicting, as Eric put it, but we only handed them out to the garbage can. I made another batch, which turned out, and those got handed out to just a couple of people. (During this whole process, Eric added people to the hot fudge list, realizing how unsuccessful Buckeyes were beginning to be.) It was kind of sad to see all the waste of food and time, but at least "my people" got some yummy hot fudge.

No comments: