Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vegas - Part 1


I am currently in Vegas. Eric earned his work's annual trip again and it's in Vegas. We extended our trip and left early. Eric's grandparents met us here. We're staying in a timeshare with them. We've had a great time so far.

We've done a lot of walking (hopefully working off the buffet food we've eaten). I probably looked silly wearing my running shoes everywhere, but at least my feet weren't sore.


We've done some shopping. I found one of my favorite stores - Lush - and was able to get some fun products. I found some jewelry made with Murano glass. That was really cool because Eric and I went to the island of Murano in Italy and took a tour of a glass making facility there. Now I've been able to add to my Murano glass jewelry collection. While we were walking through Ceasar's Palace, we saw a sign that said "Meet Pete Rose." We went and checked it out. Sure enough, we were able to meet Pete Rose. Eric couldn't believe that he was able to meet his favorite baseball player.


We've eaten at some yummy places (mostly buffets - Mandalay Bay, Bellagio, and Paris).

We've seen some great shows. We saw "V - The Ultimate Variety" show. I wasn't sure how it would be, but I enjoyed it. I really enjoyed it when one of the acts picked Eric out of the crowd, made fun of him (because he didn't do the wave right), and called him up on the stage. Eric had to stand with a flower in his mouth while an Argentenian cowboy swung a rope with a wooden ball on the end and knocked the flower out of his mouth. He said he wasn't embarassed, but his face was awfully red. My stomach hurt from laughing.

We also saw the "Phantom of the Opera." I've seen it two other times, but I still enjoyed it. The stage was amazing. I knew the words to the songs (since I listened to the CDs as a teenager while I drove to work with my bf) and sang along in my head. The chandelier scene was pretty neat and gave me chills. We had awesome seats and could feel the wind from the falling chandelier.


It's been a fun trip so far. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

No comments: