 |
| Spencer and Logan walking on the ice in our front yard |
We've had some freezing cold weather for the last few days. Every winter there are just a handful of days where it hits below freezing here. We knew there was a big freeze coming and that it would last longer than normal, lasting about a week. It's fun to have different weather here, so it was welcomed. However, I did feel bad for the kids when they had to wait for the bus and wait outside for school to start in weather that was in the mid-20s. We have plants that would definitely die during such cold weather, so I covered them up with random towels and blankets. It was actually pretty funny to drive around the neighborhood and see all these weird coverings on plants. The kids really enjoyed playing in the frozen ice before hopping on the bus in the mornings. When they'd come home from school, they'd also play in the ice. Spencer loved riding his bike through it, making a muddy mess. I also mentioned that if we had started at the beginning of the freeze, we could have filled up the basketball court and had an ice skating rink. Spencer tried to do that, but I wouldn't let him because we had the neighborhood basketball league playing at our house and I didn't think playing on ice would be very safe/productive/fun.
Last year before Jillian was born, Lindsey didn't take the garbage can to the curb. It was during a short freeze period. The overspray from the sprinklers that had sprayed on the pavers had frozen. I thought nothing of it and started to take the garbage out. I ended up slipping on the ice, falling on my pregnant side, scraping my forehead, and scuffing up my glasses. It really scared me. I spent that morning at the doctor's office doing a non-stress test to check on the baby. Everything was fine, but it was very scary.
 |
| One of the plants after the sprinklers had watered the grass |
 |
| Rocks under a sheet of ice |
No comments:
Post a Comment