Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Christmas/Anniversary Gift



On Christmas Day, I received three presents from Eric. One was an iTunes gift card. One was a gift certificate to Etc., where I would like to re-start quilting classes. The third gift was what I had been asking for, gone to the extreme. All month long when Eric asked me what I want for Christmas, I told him "you." Life just gets so busy, that I miss spending quality time with him. I told him that I'd love to have a day with him. Well, he went to the extreme and planned a getaway for us. The details were on a need-to-know basis, and I often found out while Eric was talking with someone, such as telling the airport shuttle where to take us.



Prior to the flight with our little plane
We had a quick flight to Las Vegas. We checked into a suite at Paris. Eric knows that Paris is my dream vacation spot, so Paris it was. We purchased a "Buffet of Buffets" pass entitling us to access at 8 different buffets for 24 hours. We ate dinner at the Spice Market buffet at Planet Hollywood. After dinner, we went to the V Theater at Planet Hollywood and saw V The Ultimate Variety Show. The show was great. We had second row seats that were incredibly close to the stage, making some of the acts scary to watch, with roller skaters twirling literally above our heads or shirtless men swinging from ropes above our heads. I was crunched down in my seat some times, afraid I'd get knocked in the head, all the while Eric laughing at me. After dinner we stopped for dessert at the buffet at the Paris hotel.

Saturday morning came, sleeping in and relaxing in the room. We went to the Garden buffet at the Flamingo. We walked around the strip a little. I wanted to go to the Bellagio and see the Conservatory decorated. It was still decorated from Christmas, which was pretty cool to see, with different winter scenes made from flowers and a Christmas village made from chocolate and mini wheat cereal. We walked back to the hotel and waited for David to pick us up.

Right when David got out of his black Audi, I saw his pilot shirt on. Eric said that was the best reaction, me declaring, "Eric, he's a pilot!" Eric had planned this VIP trip to the Grand Canyon. We flew in this little plane, which I was afraid of at first, to the Grand Canyon West airport.


 
David got us tickets for lunch, horseback riding, and the Skywalk. We went on a 30-minute horseback ride to the edge of the canyon. Eric's horse (Tiny) was monstrous. I was terrified that either my horse (Renegade) or his horse would stumble and I would plummet into the canyon. Eric and the cowboy guide thought it was pretty funny. We ate at a restaurant at the ranch. We took a shuttle bus to the Skywalk. I never thought I would go on the Skywalk because of location and because of the simple fact that I'd be hanging over the edge of the canyon. It ended up not being scary and a pretty neat experience.



At the edge of the Grand Canyon
Grand Canyon Skywalk
As our plane took off into the sunset to fly us back to Vegas, I was relaxed and pondered about what a good man Eric is. We did this little adventure on our 17th anniversary. Never had I thought that I'd have been so fortunate to have so many wonderful experiences with my wonderful husband. What a great way to celebrate!




No comments: