So just as I had gotten a "load" of food put into the pressure canner, the phone rang. On the other end was the principal of the kids' school. She was calling to let me know there had been an incident on the playground before school started that involved Spencer. Spencer had gotten hurt and his knee was scraped and cut. Apparently another kid had kicked/pushed Spencer and he fell. I was very close to yell at the principal because I was so afraid that bullying was starting again at the school. She explained to me that it had been one of Spencer's friends,(but couldn't give me the name because of privacy reasons). I asked to speak to Spencer to find out how he was. He was pretty upset, so I left to go pick him up from school.
When I got to the school, the nurse told me that she had tried to clean out the cut as best as she could, but she thought that it needed a good soak and that he'd be fine. As I was signing Spencer out, I looked at the name above him. There was his friend's name, with the reason for leaving school being "expelled." When we got home I was able to talk with him about it all. Apparently before school started, Spencer and this kid were talking and the kid had told Spencer who he liked, and Spencer, not being too kind, told him that the girl was ugly and asked him why would he like her. Well, that didn't go over to well because the friend pushed Spencer to the ground. As Spencer got up to walk away, the kid tripped Spencer. This was all so crazy to me. The friend swears they were playing around, but Spencer insists they were not.
After Spencer got home and cleaned up his knee more, I looked at it and wasn't quite sure if it needed stitches or not. I decided that, after the last stitches experience when the doctor told me that if there's ever a question if stitches are needed, they're most likely needed, to make a doctor appointment. Grandpa and Grandma rushed over to watch the little ones (it would have been great to take them all along for stitches, but thankfully I didn't have to).
Once we got to the doctor, she cleaned out the cut, and decided that because where the cut is on the knee, that it needed stitches. If it were to be left alone, it would have a very hard time healing because of the knee bending, it would most likely get opened up frequently. The whole experience was hard for Spencer. The cleaning, the numbing needle, the stitches. He tried to be so tough, but it hurt him so bad. I also think that he had all the feelings inside him from the incident with the friend that also hurt. Jamba Juice helped him feel a little better; we picked it up on the way home.
Later that afternoon the friend came by with cookies and to apologize. It was all awkward. The boys (and the friend's mom) each insisted that their side was the truth. Spencer had a very hard night with the pain. He couldn't sleep and was in bed with me (Eric was camping). Jeremy came over in the morning and gave Spencer a blessing, which seemed to help with the knee. The friendship, however, has been strained and is pretty much non-existent.
No comments:
Post a Comment