
Eric,
Colton, and I travelled to Salt Lake for the Utah Office's annual meetings and awards banquet. Because
Colton is still "attached" to me, he got to join in the fun. We stayed at our usual hotel - The Little America, with its yummy breakfast buffet and spacious rooms. Eric left on Wednesday to meet with some clients. I left on Thursday. It was kind of interesting flying with
Colton alone. At least I had Josh and Joan, from Eric's office, help me on and off the plane. (Josh is a new agent with Eric's office. I hadn't met him or his wife, but they picked me up from home and we rode to the airport together. When it came time to get on the plane, we got separated and sat apart. But I had a lovely conversation with the lady next to me about polygamy.)
Eric arranged for a sitter the two nights that we had dinner with our group and then during the awards banquet, so we did get a break from baby C.
We had Friday afternoon open, so we hung out downtown. I've always been in awe over the outside of the Salt Lake City and County Building, so I talked Eric into going there. The coolest thing about the building was all of the exterior detail. There wasn't much to look at inside, though.
Outside the city and county building - a makeshift slide for Colton

Our next adventure was off to the Sale Lake City Cemetery. I was determined to find President Hinckley's grave. We drove all around, trying to follow directions that I found on the internet. Eric was ready to give up, but somehow we managed to find it (prayer). The cemetery was very quiet. The headstone was modest, yet perfect. We also found two other prophet's headstones.

Our final adventure was to Hatch Family Chocolates with Josh and Joan. I had seen the premiere of Little
Chocolatiers (aka Hatch Family Chocolates) on TLC, and was watching closely the surroundings on the show. The mountains looked like the beautiful Utah mountains, so I did some research, and sure enough, Hatch Family Chocolates was located in the Avenues in
SLC. We made a trip there, only to be stopped outside the door by a TLC employee wanting us to sign a waiver to be taped. We eagerly signed away and entered the shop. We ordered our chocolates, ate our sweet treat - Eric a milkshake, and me a raspberry Italian soda, and tried
desperately to get filmed. Josh and Joan were so cute, feeding each other their sweets. Eric, thought that it was the perfect time for
Colton, 7 months old, to eat his first chocolate. I mildly protested, and found that
Colton loved his chocolate shake,
Colton and Eric even got filmed during the milkshake incident. We're anxious to see if we make it on the air.

It was a fun trip. I love Utah, and am always eager to go there. It was especially fun because we got to celebrate Eric's hard work for last year. Way to go Eric, you did it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment