Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wordy Wednesday - Kaylen

In the past I have done posts with cute pictures that don't need any wording, titled "Wordless Wednesday." Kaylen has been hilarious with some of the things she has said lately, so I wanted to jot them down so I could have a laugh later. I figured "Wordy Wednesday" would be an appropriate title.

As a family we enjoy watching 'American Idol' and 'So You Think You Can Dance.' Kaylen and Logan have loved to act like they're on the show. Kaylen will really get into the dancing and the singing. At times she'll want us to get her going, by having us state, "Cue music" or having us ask her what she'll be performing for us.

One night I was sitting on the couch feeding Colton. She comes over to our stage area (the area in front of the tv) and begins to perform. This was not her typical circle-twirling dance number. This was a full-fledged, sing-your-lungs-out performance. She sang as loudly as she could some clever little song she came up with. I asked her to be quiet because I was feeding Colton. To which she replied, "This is American Idol and I am NOT your kid." And the singing continued.


Another brilliant moment, learned from Diego, Animal Rescuer:

I was (once again) sitting and feeding Colton. My legs were up on the ottoman. I guess to Kaylen they looked like a good tree. She then proceeded to climb all over my legs and made multiple attempts to hang from my legs. At one point during her climbing while her legs were over mine and her head was upside down, she inquired, "Am I being a good sloth?"

Another funny time:
We were driving down the street when Kaylen stated, "A Bakugan has 8 sides." I replied, "I'm not quite sure what you mean." She replied, "A bakugan." As we drove a little further, we came to a stop sign. Upon seeing the stop sign, she said, "See! A bakugan has 8 sides." Kaylen translation: Bakugan = Octagon.

No comments: