Saturday, August 1, 2009

An Update


Things are continuing to go pretty good. Not much is new; I've just been taking it easy and hanging out at home. Colton is doing good. He has his good nights where he'll sleep in 4-hour stretches, and he has his bad nights where he fusses until midnight and then wakes up every 2 hours. Just when I think I've got him figured out, he changes and does something different. He is really good during the day. He'll take a couple of good naps, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. He's beginning to be more alert and is interested in looking around. It's funny to hear Spencer exclaim, "Look! His eyes are open!" Spencer would get so excited when Colton would be awake. It's happening more often, so the newness of Colton's eyes is wearing off.




Colton can roll over from his stomach to his back. He is now beginning to calm down when he hears my voice. He will turn his head to look for me when he hears my voice. Colton loves to listen to Eric play the piano. There are two songs that Eric will play for him. It is very clear that Colton prefers one much more than the other. When Eric plays the least favorite, Colton always fusses.



As for the rest of the family, some of the things they've been doing include the following:



-Logan finished his basketball season. He never made a basket during a game, but he definitely improved. He always tried very hard. I enjoyed seeing how determined he was to guard his player and to watch him run up and down the court.



- Lindsey had a back-to-school party on the last Saturday before school. At the beginning of the summer, one of her friends had a party at his house with kids who'll be going to the same junior high school. We had that same group of kids over at our house. They watched "Watcher in the Woods," played Murder in the Dark, and had ice cream sundaes.



- Lindsey attended a 7th grade kick-off. Afterwards, I walked around the school with her to help her find her classrooms. It was quite weird how she didn't seem to care about where her classes are. It'll be interesting to hear her tales of being lost on the first day of school. As I was walking around the school, I was having a hard time believing that I have a child who is old enough to go to junior high school. I really don't feel that old, and it seems like I was just at that school.



- Kaylen is apparently lactating now. I found her resting on the couch with two cats hooked up to her. She tells me, "I am a girl, so my stuffed animals can eat from my boobs." The following day she was busy filling up a container with her milk. She lifted up her shirt, held a container to her chest and made a "shhhhhh" sound. She also now offers water, in addition to milk.










No comments: