Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to School!!!!!!!

Kaylen, the preschooler

Logan, the 2nd grader

Spencer, the 5th grader


Lindsey, the 7th grader

Teachers are my heroes! I love school!


We had a great, unorganized, lazy summer, but all good things have to come to an end. School started just in time for me. Things were just reaching the point where I was about to lose my sanity and then school started. I love my kids, but they needed major structure and less tv, telephone, video games, etc...

On Monday we went to meet their teachers. On Tuesday we went supply shopping. That night we loaded up the backpacks and set out clothes. Wednesday morning I got up early (after being up lots during the night) and fixed pancakes for breakfast. I took my traditional pictures of the kids, some with the kids holding signs stating "First Day of School," their teacher's name, the school, and their grade level. I took the kids to school. Lindsey walked from the elementary school to the bus stop. Spencer independently walked to his classroom, without me taking any pictures. I followed Logan to his line and snapped a picture of him.

Kaylen's school started on Thursday. The bus came to our house and Kaylen excitedly got on, without looking back.

Each of the kids were so independent about going back to school. They were all excited and didn't even worry about me being home without them. It was pretty obvious that they were also excited and ready for school to start!

1 comment:

Ball Family said...

Gosh your kids are really growing up. I can't believe Lindsey is in Junior High! Little Colton has so much hair, it's lovely. It's very cute how he likes a certain song on the piano, played by his Dad. Caleb was a bit like that, but it was Whitney Houston singing "I'll Always Love You!!"